MSFS Legacy Importer
Dreaming to fly your favorite FSX plane in modern Microsoft Flight Simulator? This utility is what you need! No compilers, no code skills. Ten clicks and you will get (half working) aircraft. But who cares when it’s your favorite!
This program was made to simplify FSX aircraft import into MSFS. At this moment, it can be named as assistant, as just perform routine import actions, and also provide some guidance on how to fix detected issues. Maybe some day it will become converter, but now you should make a lot of manual changes in aircraft files to make it work completely properly.
– copy files from FSX to MSFS Community folder with proper structure
– generate layout.json file with list of files
– generate manifest.json file based on typed by user data
– load existing legacy MSFS aircraft
– split aircraft.cfg on relative cfg files
– insert missing gauges parameters from templates (does not fix missing cockpit gauges!), inserted values should be adjusted manually
– detect buggy engine values (engine_type and afterburner_available)
– convert external and cockpit lights (poorly tested)
– convert BMP textures (poorly tested)
– inform about available program update, perform self update if required
This is an early test version, so use it only if you have some experience and knowledge in this process. This program manipulates with files and reading/writing registry values, so use it on your own risk. Application is not signed, so possibly you antivirus will ask permission to launch it.
This converter for personal use only. Do not publish converted planes. If you are owner of the model, you can contact me about issues you have and maybe I can fix some.
In release MSFS version bug with legacy aircrafts exists – if you met some other player with same aircraft and exactly the same AC folder name (inside SimObjects), game will crash for any of you. So it is not recommended to play imported airplanes online.
– download the latest version archive
– unpack files into same folder, launch EXE
– Windows 7/8/10
– .NET 4.5