Sears (Willis) Tower – Chicago
This mod replaces the default Sears (Willis) Tower model and immediate surrounding buildings in Chicago with higher resolution models that include updated imagery and full building features.
The Sears (Willis) Tower is the tallest building in Chicago at 1,450 ft (1,730 ft if you include the antennas). This project provides a much more detailed, updated, and corrected model of the Sears Tower, along with a few of the immediate surrounding buildings. Among the things you will notice include:
– Updated imagery using the most recent available 3D models.
– Sharper rendering quality, especially on windows.
– Includes the FULL antennas… Default MS model was missing the top half plus of the two main ones and appeared to merge the four mini ones with the two main ones. This corrects the antennas to extend their full height and correctly renders each separately.
– As a bonus, this model also includes 311 S Wacker Drive and the buildings immediately to the West across Wacker Drive along the Chicago River.
I hope you all enjoy! This is my first mod project, and please let me know your feedback! If you enjoy, I am thinking doing a few other Chicago (city and suburban) landmarks, and I welcome any feedback on what you might like to see. Among a few that do not yet seem to have mods available or in the works I am thinking of doing include:
– Aon Center/Prudential Plaza and Lakeshore East (I may see if I can try to bring in at least a partially completed Vista Tower)
– Navy Pier
– Updated Streeterville
– NEMA (Roosevelt Rd Street Wall)
– Oak Brook (including Oakbrook Terrace Tower)
– Various suburban downtown areas
I welcome feedback on any of these ideas (if you or someone else you know is working already on any of these, please let me know as I would rather work on mods not done yet). The model was taken using the Google Maps imagery… Full credit and copyrights to the creators of those models, and this is purely meant as a project of love of Chicago with no profits to be gained from this.