Schloss Hohenschwangau / Hohenschwangau Castle v1.0
Hohenschwangau Castle, which can be assigned to the neo-Gothic style, was first mentioned in a document in 1090 as “Castrum Swangowe” and at that time served as the dwelling of the Knights of Schwangau. The castle has been badly damaged over the centuries. In 1832, Crown Prince Maximilian acquired the castle and had it converted into today’s palace. After his death, his son, King Ludwig II, took over the property and had it redecorated to his liking. The castle is located directly opposite Neuschwanstein Castle, built for Ludwig II, in the Hohenschwangau district of the Schwangau municipality near Füssen in Bavaria.
GPS Coordinates: 47.5555 10.736